Monday 8 April 2013

Mummy, I've found my nose and it tastes good!

I had the joyful task of putting my, normally great but at the moment difficult, son to bed and it turned out to be one of the funniest nights I've had.

We started with the usual bath and bottle of milk and then, as normal, I climbed into bed with him to settle down for story time.  As soon as I get in he climbs up on my knee and puts his head on my chest while I read.  I would have thought this a typical night if it hadn't been for the fact he was so quiet during the story.  Normally he likes to cheer and clap at his favourtite parts, but not tonight.

When turning my head to look at him to make sure everything was OK, I realised that the reason he was so quiet was becasue he had his finger shoved up his nose.  I literally mean shoved.  I looked at him and said,         "Sammy what ya doing?  Take your finger out your nose" and he just laughed, finger still rammed up the nose.

I said it again but in a funny voice thinking this would coax him out but no, he just belly laughed with the finger shoved up his nose.  I couldn't help but start to laugh and the more I laughed the more he laughed, which made me laugh even more, which made Mr Moo laugh even more all the time with the finger up the nose.

After story time I tried to get him into his sleeping position, as we always do, and he did it very willingly but would not take his finger out of his nose.  I kept asking him too by saying, "you can't go to sleep with your finger up your snoze" and he just laughed, finger still up nose.

So, I decided to call it quits.  He was comfortable and was not moving that finger.  I bent down to kiss him night night and to my surprise he took his finger out of his nose licked it then said,"bye bye".

He rolled over and went to sleep and I had to run out of the room before waking him with laughter.

No comments: